Mundipharma South Africa General Manager, Shannon te Roller, said: “Following the establishment of Mundipharma South Africa in 2011, we took back control of the BETADINE® brand in 2014 and have been actively building and expanding the brand since then. The fact that BETADINE® has been voted ‘Product of the Year’ in two categories by consumers is a testament to both the work that we’ve put in and the quality of the products. “Historically, BETADINE® has been recognized as a successful high-quality treatment brand. 2018 was milestone in terms of moving into the daily care space – Mundipharma introduced the BETADINE™ Intimate Cleansers range line of cosmetic products designed specifically for daily intimate hygiene needs of South African Women”. Its immediate success is very pleasing.”
®: BETADINE is a Registered Trademark
™: TRI-CARE+ is a Trademark of Mundipharma
Media contact: Shannon te Roller General Manager Mundipharma (Pty) Ltd Shannon.teRoller@mundipharma.co.za
- Bigliardi PL et al. Povidone iodine in wound healing: A review of current concepts and Practices. International Journal of Surgery 2017;44:260-268.
- Kanagalingam Practical use of povidone-iodine antiseptic in the maintenance of oral health and in the prevention and treatment of common oropharyngeal infections. Int J Clin Pract. 2015;69(11): 1247–1256.
- Lachapelle J-M. et al. Antiseptics in the era of bacterial resistance: a focus on povidone iodine. Clin. Pract. 2013;10(5):579–592.
- BETADINE® Feminine Wash Foam. Product label.
- Data on File. SyriCalm CLR (PC). Chemisches Laboratorium.
- DeoPlex® Natural Deodorizing Active. Carrubba. Available at: http://carrubba.com/deoplex-and-deoplex-organic/ Accessed February 2018.
- Viegas DA, Palmera-deoliveira A, Salgueiro L, Martinez-de-Oliveira J, et al. Helichrysum italicum: From traditional use to scientific data. J Ethnopharmacol 2014; 151(1): 54-65.
- BioLin Cosmetic Prebiotic. Gova Ingredients Research and Trading.
S0 Betadine® Antiseptic Ointment. Contains povidone-iodine 10 % w/w.
Reference No. G1574 (Act 101/1965).
S0 Betadine® Antiseptic Solution. Contains povidone-iodine 10 % w/v.
Reference No. G1570 (Act 101/1965).
S0 Betadine® First Aid Cream. Contains povidone-iodine 5 % w/w.
Registration No. 27/13.1/0062.
S0 Betadine® Medicated Shampoo. Contains povidone-iodine 4 % w/v.
Reference No. G1572 (Act 101/1965).